- To provide high quality legal aid services to indigent men, women and children.
- To promote the respect for rights and the Rule of Law in Uganda.
- To lobby and advocate for legislation and policies to act in favour of the poor at national, district and lower levels.
- To develop and strengthen management systems as well as general organizational development of the Legal Aid Project (LAP).
- To strengthen the governance of LAP in order to ensure strategic leadership and direction by the Legal Aid Committee
- To build mechanisms and aggressively mobilize resources to ensure sustainability of legal aid services in Uganda.