Uganda Law Society Membership
The Uganda Law Society is the Bar Association for lawyers in Uganda. From negotiating with and lobbying the profession’s regulators, government and others, to offering training and advice, we are here to help, protect and promote lawyers across Uganda. The Uganda Law Society also provides professional services, resources, support and benefits to its members and engages in activities designed to improve access to justice.
Members in the Uganda Law Society enjoy access to an assortment of benefits to help them become a better legal professional and assist with advocacy for the rule of law in Uganda and around the world that can broadly be categorized.
Enriching Members’ Careers
The ULS works to enrich members’ careers through practice specialty groups; opportunities for leadership, authorship and speaking engagements; and involvement in diversity, advocacy and public service initiatives.
- Specialized User Groups and Forums offer access to programming and professionals concentrated on their respective practice specialty.
- Committees and task forces within specialty groups allow members to develop a national, regional and international reputation through presentation, publication and leadership opportunities.
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives, pro bono opportunities and advocacy efforts give members a voice on important topical national and regional issues.
- Free career resources and career opportunities, including an online job board, helps members to explore new careers. ULS gives recommendations to members who need to travel abroad for work, need visas, or those who are applying for work permits in foreign countries.
- Discourse with peers during all forms of meetings thus helping members keep in touch with each other as their careers progress
- Great networking opportunities with members of the legal profession within and outside Uganda through social events like dinners, cocktails, regional and international conferences, exchange programmes.