Uganda Law Society (ULS) is a membership organization established by an Act of Parliament to provide services to its members in particular and to the people of Uganda. Its vision is to be a Proficient Bar Association in Fostering Access to Justice, the Rule of Law and Good Governance in Uganda. Its mission is to develop a skilled and Empowered Legal Profession in Execution of its Statutory Mandate to Foster and Improve Access to and Administration of Justice as well as Good Governance in Uganda.
Our Core values are: Equity and member-focused, Professionalism, Competence, Integrity, Accountability, Efficiency, Corporate Governance and Independence, Creativity and Innovation, Team Work.
Position: Driver (2)
Reporting to: Administrative Assistant
The Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient transportation of ULS staff as well as providing a high level of customer service, they are also responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the vehicle and ensuring it is in a safe and serviceable condition.
- Transporting staff and other employees on official duties;
- Ensuring proper maintenance of the Society’s vehicles through routine checks and timelyreporting of any identified faults to ensure the proper functioning of the motor vehicle;
- Moving the society staff to different assignments (meetings, workshops, filed visits etc.) while observing national traffic rules and regulations and after due authorization by the responsibleofficers;
- Making monthly vehicle status reports and having them jointly reviewed by the driver and theAdministration Officer to ensure timely correction of major faults if any;
- Keeping organized records of the vehicle such as fuel taken, odometer readings and placesvisited for the regular update of the vehicle log sheets;
- Ensure the vehicles are serviced within recommended service mileage limits;
- Ensure the vehicles interior and exterior are both kept reasonably clean at all times and readyfor use; and
- Any other lawful duties as shall be assigned by your supervisor.
Education and Experience
- UCE Certificate including at least a pass in English
- Must have undergone the driving course
- Must have a valid driving permit class C or D
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and vehicle maintenance and first aid administration;
- Applicants should have at least a minimum of two (2) years driving experience with driving record justified with recommendation letter(s) from the former employer(s)
- Clean driving record;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Team player;
- Public relations and customer care
- Time management; and
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, clear phone and email contacts, photocopies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts should be directed to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Uganda Law Society, Plot 610 Buye, Ntinda P.O. Box 426, Kampala, Uganda. firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission of applications: Friday 5th February 2021 at 5:00pm